If you would like to have your own extra special piece of Jenny Ayrton glass then I am happy to work to commission. Maybe you would like a particular scene created… a favourite view… or a special place… Prices from £420. Each piece starts with a chat about your ideas, and I will then draw up some designs for you to look at.
“I wanted to thank you for surprising me beyond all possibility at Christmas. Your collaboration with Fred yielded such a wonderfully personal piece for me… Fred was in Genius Mode when he commissioned you. I couldn’t be happier with my personal Ayrton work.” JS
I aim to deliver the finished piece within 8 weeks from when we agree on the design; If you have a specific/shorter deadline then please mention this in your initial communication.
I will make the price clear when you settle on a design, at which point I will ask for a 50% deposit. Before having the finished piece delivered I will send you a photo and ask for the final payment. Should you be unhappy with the finished piece then we can discus the best way for me to rectify the problem, at the end of the day I want to send you a piece that you will treasure.
Every piece of Jenny Ayrton glass is a one-off, that’s part of the fun! Even I never quite know what I’ve created until it has come out of the kiln. As such, please do not expect the final piece to be exactly as shown in the designs… with cast glass you’ve got to learn to love the bubbles!
No matter how crazy your idea please do get in touch and I’ll have a think about how best to achieve your special piece – commissions to date have included…
- A memorial piece where I sprinkled ashes between the layers of molten glass along with a wire model based on the family’s memories.
- A very large piece (50x25cm), which I then had packaged and transported to the customer in Iceland.
- A triptych of glass blocks, with the designs developed through collaboration with a group of secondary school students.
- An order for twenty washing line scenes.
- Twelve awards for the Association of Colleges which were presented at the House of Commons.
- A trophy for the Royal Naval School of Oceanography.